A spectacular awards event was recently hosted by the Indian Institute of Gems & Jewellery (IIGJ) in Mumbai to recognize the remarkable accomplishments of its graduating designers. The highly regarded annual showcase of up-and-coming jewelry designers, Glimpz, has served as a symbol of IIGJ Mumbai’s dedication to supporting creativity and skill in the jewelry sector.
An extraordinary group of dignitaries, industry executives, and design professionals attended the ceremony to honor the graduating designers’ outstanding accomplishments.
The occasion served as Glimpz 23’s grand finale, during which winners of various categories were revealed and prizes were presented based on the prior decisions made by the prestigious jury panel. Jewelry Virtuoso Laksh Pahuja, Fashion Icon and Author Meher Castelino, Vice President of Product Development for Goldstar Jewellery Pvt. Ltd. Yogendra Tripathi, and Jewelry Designer and Consultant Indra Jadwani made up the jury panel.
The event was attended by a number of dignitaries from the gem and jewelry industries, including Milan Chokshi, partner at Tanvirkumar & Co., and IIGJ Mumbai chairman, Punit Mehta, CEO of D. Navinchandra Jewels, and Leena Amin, national training manager for De Beers Forevermark, as well as Nirupa Bhatt, an expert and consultant in the jewelry industry, and IIGJ CEO Debasish Biswas.
“Glimpz is a platform that celebrates creativity, ingenuity, and craftsmanship,” said Bharat Vaswani, the Institute’s head. The outstanding designs that our graduating designers displayed are evidence of their commitment and effort. We are certain that they will make a substantial contribution to the development of the jewelry sector.
The winners in different categories are:
- Best Design Collection: Malvika Vadsak – Theme: Greek & Roman Architecture
- Best Craftsmanship, Handmade Category: Arjun Sharma – Theme: Neo-Futurism Architecture
- Best Craftsmanship, Casted Category: Tuhin Ghosh – Theme: Gothic Architecture
- Best Innovative Product Collection: Hasti Dagha – Theme: Gothic Architecture
- Best Commercially Viable Collection: Devendra Beloshe – Theme: Islamic Architecture
- Best Visual Merchandising: European Architecture Group (Members: Hasti Dagha, Tuhin Ghosh, Dev Soni, Neelam Kerbelker, Malvika Vadsak & Jainam Shah)
- Best Lookbook: Ananya Verma – Theme: Rajput Architecture